When conservation constraints blocked a loft conversion within this Grade 2 listed building, our client wanted to explore other options.
The best solution was to open up the roofspace above the kitchen for storage, while making improvements to the kitchen itself. We updated the kitchen lighting, installing a bespoke, curved lighting track and pendant light above its breakfast bar.
The work involved:
- Removing the existing halogen spot lighting.
- Installing pendant lights over the breakfast bar and creating a new lighting circuit.
- Creating a curved track to the client’s specification.
- Opening up a loft hatch in the kitchen and installing an accessible ladder.
- Making good the ceiling around the existing spots.
- Full re-decoration of the kitchen lobby and kitchen.